Tuesday 21 September 2010

Teeth

Yet again, tomorrow holds another visit to my orthodontist. She is a lovely woman, never shouted at me which I hear is regular practise at other practices. However I do hold some contempt for her as I have endured the discomfort and displeasure of being acquainted with my braces for over two years now.

I hate them. I had to learn how to speak and smile again. The innumerable mouth ulcers they've caused not to mention the week and a half I couldn't eat solid food. I feel my teeth are done and I'm pretty sure they haven't moved in a long time. Dr Claire Armstrong begs to differ; but who am I to make rash claims that she's keeping them on too long. I have seen what getting them off too soon results in and If this will avoid that outcome I'm willing to play along for at least a little longer. 

My dream is to have perfect teeth. I, however, doubt that will ever come to pass with the absence of veneers. Some teeth too big, some too small and some too "not in the right place." I'm pretty sure I would scream with excitement if I were told tomorrow that the metallic monsters are going to be removed. Only in my wildest dreams am I on the waterfront stage as (Sir) Peter Quince and smiling with a set of perfectly visible straight teeth and not obscured by the grey mesh of wire and brackets. Also for those wondering, yes I have made peter quince a sir, deal with it. I suppose we shall see. No point in holding out for a miracle. For piece of mind I'll just assume for now that they shall be on indefinitely.

Dedicated to the future dreams of straight visible teeth. May the pain be not in vain.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment