Friday 12 November 2010

Glee Cheesus Cheater

I must admit I felt guilty, but when I missed my alarm and had to spend the whole day at home with very little to do the idea was too irresistible. My friends, I am a cheater. I have skipped ahead and watched up to episode 4 of the next Glee season. To the American readers (or so my stats tell me) that I have, I am from Northern Ireland and therefore Glee will not be on our screens until January. I shall now become Mystic Meg and give a review of what is to come without giving anything of interest away.

Season 2

Episode 1- Auditions

An interesting beginning. A lot has changed since we left the new directions team. We meet some new people and here some amazing songs, some not so good ones too though. I am in love with a new character I shall not give anything away except for this, She's an absolute beast! Overall, A very strong start to what I expect to be another fantastic seaon of Glee.

Episode 2- Britney/Brittany

To be honest I was excited by this episode. BRITNEY SPEARS! I was on the edge of my seat, only to end up having to slump back down into it. This episode reeked of desperation and quite honestly it was weak and pathetic. I love the character brittany and she was fabulous however other than  that the programme was a travasty. I never thought that Glee could sink so low. If you miss Glee the week this is on it might be for the best. You miss nothing in the plot worth talking about.

Episode 3-  Grilled Cheesus
What can I say...The only words that come to mind are phenomonal and spectacular. After Episode 2's massive dissappointment, this episode reminds you why you watch Glee. By far it is the best Episode i have seen thus far and it's probably the best 45 minutes of tv I have watched this year. The episode tackles the controverial topic of religion, something avoided by most shows. Glee has outdone itself and in this weeks heart wrenching storyline there are a lot of beautiful songs slotted in. Perfect performances from all of the cast and at one point my eyes were "damp". It truely is the one not to miss!

Episode 4- Duets
I enjoyed this episode. I obviously braced myself as it could never be as good as it's predecessor, however I was pleasently surprised. I was right in thinking it wouldn't be as good but I was expecting it to look like a relative disaster. I thouroughly enjoyed it. It much better than it's name suggests unless you are demented and are actually into duets. I however hate duets and think they are cliche but once again I have been proven wrong by the might of Glee. It was an interesting experience to see a lot of strange couples doing a duet together. This is not a spoilerit's just random, Puck does not star in this show because he's apparently in juvie? WHAT? This is addressed in one line and nothing more is said about it.Very strange....

And that's what happened on GLEE!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment