Wednesday 10 November 2010

On your own? SING!

Today has been dull up until the point I lost my Internet connection. Sounds odd but being afflicted with severe and almost crippling Internet withdrawal I decided to connect my laptop to my 42" LCD TV to play my new moosaks on(courtesy of the mysterious and ever "elegant" SLB). After almost an hour of listen to "big" music the novelty wears off, so our comes the hairbrush deodorant can and the homemade karaoke system has been born!

Singing along to music, performing for an invisible wall is surprisingly fun I must say. I would upload a video but I think I would have to miss going to school for about month to live it down. Not to blow my own horn but I am a pretty mean dancer; my singing is ummm...."fantastic". It's not a normal occurrence but it's a fun thing to do when you're home alone. To be honest I would love to be a great singer but I do not ever see that becoming a reality, and maybe there is a subconscious reason behind it. it's this time of the year that I get jealous of those who can sing and can perform well onstage. I envy them every year; this year, however, will be different. I will not care, I will be happy for them and their gift and I will enjoy their performances...I hope.

Well quite frankly i think this is a poor post and will probably try and redeem myself by posting later on but for now I shall sing poker face into my can of deodorant and try and stay calm for the physics practical tomorrow. So, my final word shall be to tell you to do a little singing today and pretend you're onstage with roaring fans screaming for you. It may be childish but being childish is what's keeping me immortal. Farewell for now.

                  This is an actual picture from tonight's events. I think I went the extra mile with the costume.

James

1 comment:

  1. I do this all the time; thank goodness I am not the only one! Though I have to say I am not as co-ordinated as you in my dance moves.

    P.S "courtesy of the mysterious and ever "elegant" SLB" I understand '"elegant"', but 'mysterious'?

    ReplyDelete