Monday 22 November 2010

Ursula!

This is where I'll update the progress on my costume for ursula.

21/11/10- The idea began, the material for the tentacles has been cut and ideas are forming.

22/11/10- the first 2 tentacles have been finished, and the necklace is done. I am getting sequins from elizabeth hoefully tomorrow. I've finished designing the make up and I've heard that there are purple tights in Asda, Claudia is also letting me have her purple leggings... Thanks Claudles.

23/11/10- the 3rd tentacle is complete. Only 3 left to do. I finally have some webbing given to me by the wonderful mrs hackney. it's in the wash right now being dyed purple...let's hope all goes well...
Part 2-4th tentacle finished. I'm on fire and have developed a mean bracket stitch. I think I've found my callign in life. I shall open a store that sells tentacles!

24/11/10- 5th tentacle done. Have no idea how to fix my webbing. It didn't dye at all. Need another plan....hmmm.Planning to get this tentacle belt finished tonight. maybe some sequins on it too...
Part 2- Final Tentacle complete!!!! Going to attach them to the tentacle belt now! Hurrah! I'm ahead of schedule and I've even watched the next Glee episode already today.
Part 3- TENTACLE BELT DONE! I have also sorted the webbing problem. things are back on track! Need to pick up a black t-shirt and something for my hair and I'm nearly completion!

25/11/10- I'm becoming really pressed for time. I need one more purple piece of material for the belt then it's done. I need to actually start altering the t-shirt, need to stick some pretty stuff to my costume as well. mother has bought me white hairspray! hurrah! no talcum powder hair. i have decided to stuff my costume with a spare change of clothes incase I decide to change. It's very close to completion however I will need to do a lot of work tomorrow evening which I'd rather spend getting the make-up right. *sigh* Let's jsut hope it pulls together somehow...

26/11/10 AKA the Big Day! the time has arrived, things need to start coming together. My costume is about 80% complete! I am scared it won't be finished. I shouldn't even be blogging but whatever. I have approximately another 4 metres of stitching to complete. Why Oh Why didn't I just steal a sewing machine?
 Part 2- Tentacles completely complete! success, things are moving along now... I might make it in time.


To be Continued...

2 comments:

  1. All your advertisments on this are about tights from M&S and fancy dress.

    ReplyDelete